Out West Arts: Performance at the end of the world

Opera, music, theater, and art in Los Angeles and beyond

Everything I Do, I Do It For You

August 30, 2011

 

Things are looking up here at Out West Arts. The above promo photo came in the email today and it sure is making the upcoming production of Richard O’Brien’s The Rocky Horror Show at The Old Globe Theater in San Diego look more and more promising. (Photo by Henry DiRocco.) The seated gentleman is Matt McGrath who stars as Frank 'N' Furter and the tall drink of water is Sydney James Harcourt who’ll play Rocky Sept. 15–Nov. 6 in San Diego. So don’t say I never did anything for you. And speaking of doing for you, I’m in the process of completing the design elements on Out West Arts version 6, which will roll out at this very address next month and I’m contemplating changing some of the functionality of the site. But before I do, I thought I’d ask for input from regular readers. What do you like or dislike about the site? What would you like to see that isn’t here or think I should drop? Feel free to leave comments or email me and we’ll see what develops.

Labels:


Comments:

No more Barbara Kruger?! Who's next - maybe Judy Chicago?

I'd implore you to keep things bold, because I'm so tired of reading classical music blogs without any design muscle. And you're far more connected than I'll ever be, so I really appreciate seeing your calendar.

Also, I think that you should set aside one event a month to which you invite handsome, young opera queens, followed by drinks at the Standard. Just an idea.
Thanks for the input. I like the idea of a get together. Though admittedly if I had a bevy of handsome young anythings following me around, I'm not sure I'd want to share them with everyone.
What do I like? The reviews, the wit, the perceptiveness, the range!

What would I like to see that isn't here? If you get to museums, museum reviews, and how about book reviews?

What would I like you to drop? Horrors! Nothing. :)
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Calendar


Recent

Opera Reviews '10-'11

Opera Reviews '09-'10

Opera Reviews '06-'09

L.A. Phil Reviews '09/'10

L.A. Phil Reviews '08/'09

L.A. Theater Reviews

 

Follow Along

Brian

Los Angeles

Follow me on Twitter

Archives