Out West Arts: Performance at the end of the world

Opera, music, theater, and art in Los Angeles and beyond

Where's OWAldo?

December 15, 2009

 
In case you're wondering, Out West Arts won't be doing a year end review of the best in music or theater until the year is actually over since I've got a number of new things to see in New York right up until the end of the month. (Plus it just seems to make more sense on principle, doesn't it?) So in the meantime, I'll leave you with some sneak previews of some of my fondest memories of 2009 like this one.


I was somewhat ambivalent about the Lohengrin production when I saw it in Munich back in July. But it was undoubtedly musically unparalleled. I must admit, I've had a hard time shaking it from my memory - in a good way. A DVD was filmed that week so hopefully it won't be long before everyone can see the stunning performances of Jonas Kaufmann and Anja Harteros under the musical direction of Kent Nagano.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Calendar


Recent

Opera Reviews '10-'11

Opera Reviews '09-'10

Opera Reviews '06-'09

L.A. Phil Reviews '09/'10

L.A. Phil Reviews '08/'09

L.A. Theater Reviews

 

Follow Along

Brian

Los Angeles

Follow me on Twitter

Archives