Out West Arts: Performance at the end of the world

Opera, music, theater, and art in Los Angeles and beyond

Ground Rules

August 20, 2006

 
What this blog is -
This blog will focus mostly on my opinions and thoughts about performances I see both here in LA and around other parts of the USA and the world as I see fit. It will focus mostly on classical music, opera, theater, art, movies, and recordings but may include a smattering of other things along the way.

What this blog is not –
This is not about news or traditional reviews. I will write about events when I get around to seeing them since I am not a fan of either opening or closing nights. This site is not about gossip, hero worship, or trivia. While I may have reflections on some recent arts events, it is not about reportage. Neither is this blog primarily about my personal life, friends, pets, politics, creative photography or travel plans. While this may be funny on some occasions, it is not intentionally so.

Please be aware that I am not a music professional nor an expert on these topics in any way. I like to think of myself as an informed observer but there are certainly those that would beg to differ.

That should cover it. I intend to write regularly and I hope that others find something here they like along the way.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Calendar


Recent

Opera Reviews '10-'11

Opera Reviews '09-'10

Opera Reviews '06-'09

L.A. Phil Reviews '09/'10

L.A. Phil Reviews '08/'09

L.A. Theater Reviews

 

Follow Along

Brian

Los Angeles

Follow me on Twitter

Archives